Katie and Colin were very gracious to host the Oscar party (since only Robin and I--and eventually John--attended), and Katie (adorable thing that she is) made delicious Oscar-themed food with adorably punny names:
-A Serious Man-wiches (pulled pork finger sandwiches on rolls)
-A Single Man-go Salsa
-Pretzels: based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire (LOL) (and chocolate covered! :D)
-Inglourious Bon-Bons (these AMAZING chocolate cookie/vanilla ice cream bonbons dipped in chocolate.)
-The Hurt Guacker
Am I missing an Avatar-themed one? (Oh well--I'm so glad they got everything they DESERVED--visual effects and the like, not to mention a nice ex-wife burn from Kathryn to James.)
A cool fun-fact--the winning short subject documentary, Music by Prudence, was co-produced by Patrick Wright, the chair of the MICA film/video department, and, Errol, the guy who shot Good Thing (the play I stage-managed sophomore year) and showed up randomly at my birthday party in 2009 (or was it 2008?) shot some of the footage, which makes him the youngest cinematographer to shoot an Oscar-winning film in history! Pretty cool (although he's a little creepy)! Check it out here.
Did you watch? Did you enter an Oscar pool? How did you guys do?
Love,
-A.

No comments:
Post a Comment